Monday, February 28, 2011

The art of Shades

I love the idea of framing your eyes. You see art, ideas, and beauty every day through them, why not frame them up nicely so every thing is always in a frame. And I am never one to pull back and go cheep when good design and fashion are on the line. Last weekend my husband surprised me with a trip to the mall to pick out a new pair of sunglasses for the year. I was super excited, but in the end he was the one that found the best pair for me. I'm very fortunate that my husband not only enjoys great design and fashion, but also shopping!

I got my first pair of Fendi sunglasses and I have received nothing but compliments on them. Not only do they look super chic but they also do the job they were intended for and that is great design at work!
I've also included a few more of my more choice sunglasses over the last couple of years. I really love my Tom Ford's too. they are slim and delicate with a light tint for the gray but bright days when a bit of tint is all you need and I get to look sophisticated too!

A bit more on the chunky side but an amazingly gorgeous! These Gucci glasses will always be a treasure! Also a pair that my husband picked out for me. They come with a matching silky to keep them clean and the floral print has a story!
In 1966, Rodolfo Gucci, Guido Gucci's son, enlisted the help of refined artist Accornero to help him create a silk scarf especially for Hollywood mega-star Grace Patricia Kelly, a silk floral scarf that went on to become the most sought after accessory of the 1960s.
And finally my Chanel glasses. A wonderful white frame to brighten up those gray days. the tint is perfect for the not so sunny but you still need some thing to shade your eyes from squinting. I wore these all over London for 10 months and with all things of great design they still look brand new and gorgeous on!

No comments: