Thursday, February 10, 2011

2010 Favorites

Reflection back on 2010 I thought it would be fun to share my favorite art, fashion, and hand made gifts we received or purchased.

Starting off my favorites is a gift of fashion from my husband on mothers day. I was due to have my son in less than a month and was dreading having to lug around a diaper bag again. Even with a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag stored away from when my daughter was a baby wasn't enough to get me excited about looking so unfashionable. My husband saved me from mommy fashion and got me this wonderful Burberry tote! It holds everything I need and more, it wipes clean in seconds and I get loads of complements everywhere I go. And the best part is I still feel fashionable!

One of my favorites that Donald and I gave to our family and each other was Emma and Ewan's first year together. It's a compilation of images that I took through out 2010 of our two loves. It's a hard bound book that I made through My Publisher. We are already looking forward to making more of these books from trips we have taken a past years of images we would love to have all bound up in a book.


Having a new baby always brings out the creative in others. And having Ewan was no exception. My dear friend Holly made a wonderful cross stitch of Ewan and had it framed for his room. Another great friend of mine, Irene, purchased the super cute piggy bank and had it hand painted with airplanes, clouds and Ewan's name.
A million years ago I was a nanny to 4 children when I was starting collage. Mary Jude, the lady I nannied for was brilliant with making quilts and created this super cute cowboy quilt for Ewan which I love to bits!
In keeping with the cowboy theme my great friend Julie from Let Her Be Little clothing company made Ewan his first jean jacket with a cowboy theme!
I can never pass up unusually illustrated books and have been constantly on the lookout for Boy books to start Ewan's book collection. I fell in love with this book and it's just as cute inside with an amazing message for any child you read it to.

Emma Turned 3 at the beginning of 2010 and she got her first big girl bed. So I was off trying to find the cutest comforter cover I could. Not an easy task. But finally at the Land of Nod, thanks to my good friend Wendy's suggestion, I found this adorable comforter cover that has a look of hand made and girl charm.

Emma loves how fancy her big girl bed is and this is essential when making that transition from crib to bed.
Another great find in the land of Books is Birdie's Big Girl Shoes. The illustrations are to die for and also has a super sweet message for all our big girls who love mommy's shoes!


My Dad is amazing when it comes to making things out of wood. Emma had this tiny little picnic table from Target that didn't last a year and only seated two kids. I was sad but asked my dad if he could take a look at it and make something like it only bigger to fit at least 4 to 6 kids and hold up a bit better in the weather. He out did himself! Emma loves her new picnic table and I can't wait to have both my kids and their friends sitting around it on play dates!
Finally I would like to add just a few more books of art and fashion

A life of Style was a book I just couldn't pass up at Anthropologie. It's gorgeously illustrated and is an amazing read! A must for all fashion minded girls!
My last two books were gifts from my friend Holly. She knows of my love for British Fashion. This is a fun book with a great overview of the many different fashion houses in the UK.
And Holly also knows my love of museums and wanting to go back to London. This book will be very handy for my next trip or move to London!

No comments: