Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Christmas 2010

2010 was a hard year on me creatively. I had hundreds of burning ideas in my head and heart but the time and energy was lost in my pregnancy and taking care of my new baby and gregarious 3 year old. So most of my art was limited to what I had to do personaly....Like Christmas cards.

Ewan made his first appeance in my art on my 2010 Christmas card. I used the theme of the Nutcracker for the art since Emma is in ballet and Ewan would make the perfect toy soldier.
I feel really strongly about letter writing and card sending. If your going to buy a card and send it out then by all means send some form of communication with it. Seeing how this may be the only letter you send for the year make a bit of effort and don't just sign your name. A nice letter, hand written note and a picture of your family / kids are a nice touch too!I love sending a cute picture of the kids. Most of my friends and relatives live so far away that this is the only way they will get to see my kids despite my blogging efforts to keep family and friends informed most just wait for the annual Christmas card, letter and picture. This years picture was taken by me one cold rainy morning in front of our Christmas tree.

This year was also my first time drawing a Santa since I was about 10 years old. I wanted him to be cute round and happy and be smiling up at Emma and Ewan Christmas morning with a cheery note thanking them for the wonderful treats they had left the night before. I'm thinking I'm going to make cute stationery out of my new Santa for next years Etsy Remarkable Bird store Christmas sales!

No comments: