Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ewan's Birth Announcement

I Finally have a free moment to share a bit on this blog that I have neglected for much longer than I would have wanted.
Just like I made Emma's birth announcements when she was born I did the same for Ewan. I love birds especially blue ones and I love owls too so I combined the two for Ewan's birth announcements. Thought they were still sweet enough for a baby and boy enough for Ewan.

I designed the whole thing and took Ewan's picture for it too and printed it all out and cut it all out by hand only to realize that I was going to print on the back as well as the front. Ugh! Okay, I'm an artist I can fix this with a wrap around!
It's so funny how major mistakes can turn out to be great design successes if you are open to working around the problem. The wrap around became one of my favorite elements of the piece and I still had room to add the darling quote "Every Great Man Was First A Boy"

I also like how when you opened the announcement it peaked out at you right way to hoot "look whooo is here!"
I had to add a sticker closure...all in the name of good design and packaging! I think even simple little letters should be gifts themselves!
I used a very clean basic grid design so that the focus would be on Ewan's sweet face. Here's the stack of 100 announcements ready for stuffing into envelopes.

No comments: