Monday, August 11, 2008

Eiffel Tower

It's finally done. After almost a year of design, cutting, and painting, I finally finished my little girls Eiffel Tower and butterflies. It took me ages to decide what materials to use for the tower and butterflies and even longer to figure out what color to paint them. Then there was the matter of attaching them to the wall. I didn't want big holes or paint ripping off. I also didn't want a super pink room. So in the end my dad helped me pick out some great light weight pressed board (Masonite) Then he did the cutting at his home in Colorado. I used the color off of Emma's chairs from Pottery Barn for Kids (which is a lovely soft green), and the nice people at Home Depot made paint that matched perfect. I also found at Home Depot lovely little 3M poster mounts. I had to use 4 packs of the stuff, but the outcome means no holes in the walls and no paint that peals off and I can rearrange and take the tower with me where ever I move!! VoilĂ ! a light weight, customizable, easy to affix to your walls over and over again, Eiffel Tower fit for a modern home!

No comments: