Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Drawing Chairs


Once again I find myself doing what is quite possibly the wrong thing to be doing. But it's drawing just the same. And surprisingly I do have a plan for my antique looking chairs


Still not sure how I want my chairs to be drawn. That's the hard part (and that's part of what I'm working on) is my new "look" or way of approaching a subject or drawing. How finished do I want a pencil sketch to be or how incomplete? Thick lines or shading or lots and lots of white? I'm guessing as I'm working this all out that it's going to be a few months or so to develop a style I love and that is all my own. Something I should have done years ago in art school but just pushed through my work hoping it would evolve on it's own. I have an idea of what I would like but I'm open to what it will become.

1 comment:

Emma Phillips Illustrations said...

I'm afraid my comment isn't about your lovely chair sketches, however I just wanted to say how charming and pure I find your work. It is so very sweet, the kind of illustrations I could happily flick through storybook after storybook.

Emma x