Monday, September 22, 2008

Million Dollar Baby

(Emma my million dollar baby)

I think I have one of these, or some form of one. If you have the time and want to read about what is really going on in the design, and merchandising world of children check out this link Baby It's from an article printed in the October issue of PRINT magazine. Very informative and they even mention Etsy as a place to shop for the modern nursery. Just like the article mentions, we don't dress Emma in licensed clothing, her highchair (a wonderful shade of orange) and stroller (a bright blue as seen above) are both by Stokke and cost together over $1500. With great companies like Boon, Trip Trap, Daily Tea, and Pediped there are loads of well designed choices for any modern parent. As much as I am one to purchase these items, there is still the old fashion in me that loves the old wooden and metal toys, great creative toys like crayons and Legos. And of course that comes out in my own watercolor paintings. I think it's wonderful to mix a bit of old with new and create a wonderful twist of the two. But I am all for leaving out the over done Disney (and a host of other over licensed products) these don't have a place in my home as long as I have anything to say about it.

No comments: