Thursday, April 24, 2008

Backup!

Save! Save! Save! and Backup! Backup! Backup!
I just lost all my art I did for 5 months. I got lazy about backing up and just didn't bother to BACKUP my files. It doesn't take long to do, so what ever you are doing right now, stop and think "Can I afford to loose all the files on my computer?" If the answer is "No!" then read no further and back up. I had sent my hard drive back to Wisconsin to a reputable company that specializes in hard drive recovery and after they worked on it for 2 weeks in a clean room, replaced parts and did everything known to man, they still couldn't retrieve the lost files. I lost all the art work I did for my daughters first birthday, my Christmas cards, my Halloween cards, my Easter cards, the logo I did for Dress Angles, and so much more, not to mention pictures from the last five months of my daughter life, which is her first Thanksgiving, her first Christmas, and her first Birthday. We are all so devastated in our home right now. The good news is that we still have the images on her blog of all those occasions, and other relatives were kind enough to take some photos and give us digital copies so it isn't a complete loss, just one I never want to repeat. So in summary
Save! Save! Save! & Backup! Backup! Backup!

No comments: