Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Oh, To Be In London

As usual I am missing London like mad. I think how spring is popping up all over the city and how green and wet it all must be. The shopping and excitement and all there is to do.

I recently saw that one of my favorite museums I use to love to walk to (the V&A) is having an exhibit that I wish I could see. That's right the Victoria & Albert Museum this July is Telling Tales: Fantasy and Fear in Contemporary Design exhibition, which explores the trend among European designers to create limited edition pieces that push the boundaries between art and design.


Arranged into three sections, objects will be displayed according to themes; The Forest Glade (inspired by fairytales), The Enchanted Castle (work associated with status) and Heaven and Hell (exploring themes of mortality).

It sounds so magical and an artist dream land for inspiration and ideas!


On a different note but still fashion related...
Marc Jacobs said this lats night when asked about making the LV trunk again.

"Luxury travel is travelling with a toothbrush. That's it, end of story. The people who really live luxurious lives don't need to pack. They've got stuff wherever they go."

Here is a picture of one of my favorite outfits for LV this fall. Oh to be this glamorous!

No comments: