Friday, May 30, 2008

A Stapler??

Our First Stapler!
What an odd item... a stapler. Even the word is a bit odd but for some reason they are so important, even pop culture has found a place in the craziness of staplers with the ever famous "Red Stapler" from the movie Office Space. But for some reason over the last 8 years Donald and I have never found a real reason to own one. As an artist you never find a need to actually staple anything, that just put holes into works of art and who really wants to do that? Even with us getting our degrees, writing papers and Donald going through his masters program we never found a need to get one. Our reports were always put into some sort of binder and art was always mounted on to board. But now with my online store, I find myself in the world of packaging (which I love!!) and no stapler (which seems really strange)!! It's just not normally spoken, "Hey honey, let's make our Friday night really fun and go purchase a stapler!" But that is exactly what I did :) I have been putting together one of my thank you cards for new moms in a package of 3 and the absence of a stapler is quite inconvenient. But finally after a trip to Staples some yummy Mexican food, and Starbucks with kid run a muck, Uncle Mike and Donald, I came home and stapled my first package of cards together. We are now the proud owners of a wonderful flat back stapler.

My First Package of Cards :)

No comments: